Maya Lesson Three



During this time the main focus was learning to texture the model car. This consisted of grouping all of the pieces and making sure that the car is in the centre of the grid. To start texturing; a ground plane has to be created, which acts like a background when rendering. Alongside this I inserted a light to simulate sunlight that would create the shadows. (Figure 1)


Figure 1

When rendering the Arnold render is used, when I pressed play it created the IPR render (Figure 2). I also made sure to scale up the plane so the edges did not show in the background. Once the render was stopped, I was then able to move onto adding colour onto the car. To do this I started with the main body so shift selected it all, I was then able to assign a new material. This was under the Arnold dropdown box and its shader is called Ai Standard Surface (Figure 3). It allowed me to use the attribute editor to assign the selected blocks with a material and to change its colour.


Figure 2

Figure 3

Under the hypershade tool I was able to make the glass pieces slightly transparent by changing settings under the transmission dropdown box (Figure 4). I was also able to change the colour and the reflectiveness. Before rendering again, I changed the image size which is under the render settings and within the common tab. (I changed the image size to Preset HD1080)
Figure 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Kong (1933) Film Review